Welcome
Welcome to the Carrera GTS Club.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so if you are a Porsche 904 Carrera GTS fan please join our forum!

The Carrera GTS Club is not affiliated or associated with Dr. Ing. h.c.F. Porsche AG (PAG), Porsche Cars North America (PCNA) nor any of its subsidiaries or dealers. The Carrera GTS Club recognizes that the word "Porsche" and "Carrera" are registered trademarks and a copyright of PCNA. Any references to Porsche, its vehicles, or products, including images, are for descriptive or reference purposes only and do not imply any association with the aforementioned PCNA.

Building a 904 replica from ground.

Info on engines, brakes, suspensions etc.

Post Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:49 pm

Building a 904 replica from ground.

Hello everyone.

I'm starting a 904 replica project. However there seems to be very little info on the frame and other dimensions of the 904's on the internet. If anyone has some blueprints, dimensions, anything that can help me stay as true to the original as possible please let me know.

Thank you,
Cebix.

Post Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:42 am

Re: Building a 904 replica from ground.

You have certainly taken on a difficult challenge. Folks that have assembled 904 replicas have indicated to me that there are characteristics of the car which make it very difficult to build. There are certainly books out there that have all the information you need and the author (mmikedino) of the best I have found is on this blog sight. Perhaps you can buy his book on Amazon.com.

Then there is The-Blueprints.com on the Internet. I am confident that with a little more surfing of the Internet, you can find all of the information you need. Where are you getting the fiberglass body? This is not something that one would normally do from scratch. Are you trying to exactly duplicate the original or are you willing to make some allowances for contemporary technology? After all, we have progressed a bit in automotive engneering since 1963-1964. :? :?

Post Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Building a 904 replica from ground.

Actually yes, I'm also building the fiberglass body by myself. And what certainly won't be original are the brakes, steering column, engine and gearbox. Maybe the suspension parts too. What's my goal with this replica: I want a car that will be good looking, reliable, sporty and I want to drive it everyday. I'm also thinking of doing the frame with stainless steel but I haven't decided yet.

Return to Technical 904